The mission of the East Tennessee Navigator Network of AONN+ is to provide networking, educational opportunities, and collaboration among local oncology navigators to share best practices, enhance professional development, and advance patient care across the cancer continuum.
The vision of the East Tennessee Navigator Network is to enhance patient-centered care from diagnosis through survivorship by partnering with local oncology navigators.
- Participate in local and hospital community events to promote the specialized role of navigators and the navigation process.
- Educate, advocate, and empower cancer patients and loved ones from initial diagnosis through treatment and beyond.
- Improve patient outcomes by identifying and overcoming barriers to care and assisting with treatment compliance.
- Promote education and professional development of oncology navigators in the East TN area.
- Maintain regular scheduled meetings and communication with AONN+
- Promote networking opportunities among local navigator network members.
- East Tennessee Navigator Network (ETNN) chapter of AONN+ meetings will be held at least quarterly, on the first Tuesday of the month on which the quarter falls, at 5:30 pm; Cancer Support Community will provide space for meetings
- No local dues will be required for membership in ETNN
- At least 50% of ETNN chapter members will be current national AONN+ members